Check out our most commonly asked questions below, still have questions? Give us a call or drop us a line!
1. Do you charge by the hour? We do not. We charge a flat fee per the project scope. This way our clients know up front the design fee cost and don't have to worry about our hours adding up. We are very transparent with our pricing to eliminate any questions or guesswork and keep our clients comfortable.
2. Do you offer clients access to a designer discount on materials, furniture, and decor? We offer our clients access to our discount when receive them on the following items - lighting, faucets, knobs/pulls, vanities, furniture, rugs, decor, We do not offer full discount access for cabinetry, countertops, flooring, or tile.
3. Do you offer 3d renderings? We do! This service is not included in any of our packages and is a separate add on so be sure to request it if this is something you would like to receive.
4. Do you sell any materials directly? Yes! For your remodel you can choose to order your cabinetry, flooring, countertops, and/or tile through Ora Designs.
5. Do you design business's? Absolutely! There is unlimited potential when you reinvent your companies image and brand. We love to be a part of this phase in your business. From hair salons, to doctor offices, to large corporations, we LOVE to help you create an effective environment for both your customers and employees.
6.Do you do small jobs? If so do you have a design fee minimum? Yes! We do everything from a single bathroom to full home renovations. We do also have a project minimum, our smallest design fee (aside from consults) is $500.
7.Do you work outside of Medina? Absolutely! We travel anywhere in the United States. We will include travel fees with your design estimate according to your location. Ora offers interior design in Cleveland and surrounding areas, nationwide and internationally.
8.Do you ever make mistakes on projects? We certainly do. Try as we might to be perfect we do occasionally order an incorrect size, or miss a small detail somewhere. The good news is that we always take full responsibility, and remedy the mishap immediately. Customer service is extremely important to us. We encourage open communication with all of our clients, do our absolute best to meet all of their needs, and make sure they are happy throughout their project.
9. Do you have a waiting list? Yes we do. However, your wait time will be dependent on your project scope and job details. We will get you started as quickly as we can.
10.Do you work on weekends? No. We love design, but we love our families more. Company owner, Bri Hansen, has five daughters that she is extremely active with. So weekends and evenings are when she takes the time to be there for all of her daughters activities, needs, and appointments.
11.Do you handle returns for decor, furniture, or reno materials? If we choose something on our own and you absolutely hate it, then we will be happy to return it for you and find something you love. If you approve and decide on one of our suggestions then receive it and change your mind, that is no problem at all but you will handle the return or be charged an additional fee if you'd like us to do it for you.
12. How do design payments work? Every project is different but in most cases medium to large projects require 50% down for us to begin your design work, then the remaining 50% is due upon project completion. E-design services require full payment in advance. Small scale projects also require full payment. We accept cash and checks. We also accept all major credit/debit cards, however all payments over $500 have a 3% processing fee.
13. Do you offer refunds? Due to the nature of our work we do not offer refunds.
14. When staging do you hang pieces and assemble furniture? When we stage your space after shopping we set up all of your decor, and make the space look flawless. For anything that goes on the walls we use painters tape to place exact measurements and locations on your walls of where it will go so you or your handyman will be able to place the nails or screws easily and without question. If you prefer not to hang items yourself or find a handyman, we do offer package add ons for this service using our remodeling crew from Hansen Restoration. For furniture that requires assembly we recommend adding assembly during purchase from where it is purchased, we also are not able to move large pieces of furniture (we'd love too but most are too heavy for us to lift). So if a big piece is being delivered for example it is a great idea to have the movers place it at time of delivery. We would love to be able to hang on the walls and assemble furniture but unfortunately there are too many liabilities associated with each and we are not qualified. These small jobs are best suited for a knowledgable (and strong!) contractor. However, we do handle everything else and aid you in the other areas as much as possible to keep everything easy and seamless for you.
15. Do you handle closet organization? No we do not.